The Baltimore Collegetown Network will have a strong and clear reputation as the premier higher education organization in the Baltimore region that facilitates the efforts of its members to:
- Enhance the academic and social lives of college students in Baltimore;
- Attract students, faculty and staff of strong academic and professional standing and diverse backgrounds to the Baltimore area institutions of higher education;
- Increase professional development opportunities for faculty and staff working at the colleges in and around Baltimore;
- Enable the Baltimore area colleges to share resources;
- Promote the economic impact of higher education on the Greater Baltimore region;
- Enhance the visibility of the higher education community in the Baltimore region locally, regionally, and nationally;
- Serve as a resource and advocate to city officials and regional government; and,
- Engage in community service and provide support to the Baltimore metro area.
Vision Statement (Statement of Purpose)
The member campuses of the Baltimore Collegetown Network will tap the collective strength and expertise of our campus programs, services, and leaders to further attract and retain well-educated and diverse students, faculty, and staff and further develop the Baltimore region into an attractive living and learning community. Through advocacy, convening public and private sector partners, and serving as an information resource, the BCN will facilitate collaborative planning and community development to maximize academic, residential, transportation, cultural, and social opportunities that raise the visibility of Baltimore as a college destination and advance the development of the region as a competitive and vibrant metropolitan area.